My spouse is an Armenian citizen. When can I apply for citizenship?

You can apply for citizenship after two years of being in a registered marriage. In addition you will have to satisfy one of the following criteria:

  1. You have a common child with your spouse and your child is an Armenian citizen, or
  2. You have resided in Armenia for at least 365 days over the last two years.

If your marriage was registered in a foreign country the marriage certificate will have to be legalized (Apostille or consular legalization) and translated into Armenian language.

Please note that police and national security officers may check if you actually live with your spouse or if the marriage is merely a sham.

2018-01-22T09:46:21+04:00 May 18th, 2017|