Discover Paths to Residency in Armenia: A Comprehensive Guide for a Seamless Transition
Nestled in the captivating South Caucasus region of Eurasia, Armenia beckons with its enchanting landscapes, rich history, vibrant culture, and warm-hearted people. If you're considering a move to this beautiful country, you're in luck! In this comprehensive guide, we'll walk you through the process of obtaining residency in Armenia, including various permit options, eligibility criteria, required documents, the application process, timelines, renewal and extension procedures and possible pathways to citizenship.
Introduction to Residency in Armenia: Embrace a New Adventure
Armenia presents a treasure trove of benefits for expats seeking new horizons. Among these is the ease of obtaining residency. Armenia offers a range of residency permits tailored to different needs. Whether you're a student, a worker, a freelancer or an entrepreneur, there's a residency permit that suits you.
Moreover, Armenia boasts a low cost of living and beneficial taxation system, making it an attractive option for those looking to maximize their budget while enjoying a high quality of life. With affordable housing, food, transportation, and healthcare, Armenia is a hidden gem for expats seeking a well-rounded and fulfilling experience.
Types of Residency Permits in Armenia: Finding Your Perfect Fit
When it comes to residency permits, Armenia has several options to cater to the purpose of your stay. There are three types of permits in Armenia:
• Temporary residence permit: Valid for up to one year, this permit is designed for foreigners engaged in work, study, or those who have family ties to residents/citizens of Armenia or are ethnic Armenians.
• Permanent residence permit: Issued for a 5-year period, this permit is granted to foreigners actively involved in lawful business activities within Armenia whether it is through investment in an existing business or setting up a new one. Ethnic Armenians and family members of Armenian citizens (who have had residence permits of 3 years as dependents before) can also be eligible for this permit.
• Special residence permit: Primarily intended for individuals of Armenian ethnicity, this 10-year permit can also be granted to foreigners who have made significant contributions to Armenia's economic, scientific, or cultural development. Usually it is advisable to start with a 1 or 5-year residence permits before you apply for the special one.
Benefits of Residency in Armenia: Embrace a World of Possibilities
Obtaining residency in Armenia opens the doors to an array of benefits, including:
• Visa-free travel: Enjoy the freedom to travel in and out of Armenia without a visa and reside in the country for an extended period.
• Flexibility: No obligatory minimum days required to apply for or maintain your residence permit.
• Indefinite extension: Extend your residence permit indefinitely as long as the legal basis remains valid.
• Pathway to citizenship: After maintaining residency for three years, you can apply for Armenian citizenship.
Required Documents for Residency Permit Application: Gather Your Essentials
To apply for a residency permit in Armenia, you'll need the following documents:
• Valid passport.
• Medical certificate indicating practically good health and absence of infectious diseases.
• Documents substantiating your legal basis (e.g., business-related documents for entrepreneurs/investors, employment contract for employees of Armenian company, etc.).
• No criminal record or bank account statements from your country are required.
Application Process for Residency Permit in Armenia: Smooth Sailing Ahead
The application process for a residency permit in Armenia is relatively straightforward. You can apply for a residency permit at the Migration and Citizenship Service of the Ministry of Internal Affairs. Here's an overview of the steps involved:
• Book an appointment with the Migration and Citizenship Service online.
• Submit the required documents.
• Attend an interview with a national security officer within 2-3 weeks of submitting your application.
• Await processing of your application, with a typical timeline of 60-65 calendar days for temporary and permanent residency permits.
Renewal and Extension of Residency Permit in Armenia: Keep Your Journey Going
If you wish to renew or extend your residency permit in Armenia, it's essential to apply for an extension at least 30 days before your permit expires. Updated documents proving the validity of your legal basis will be required. The renewal or extension process typically takes again around two months, ensuring a seamless continuation of your stay in Armenia.
Citizenship through Residency in Armenia: A Doorway to Belonging
Once you've maintained a residence permit in Armenia for three years, you become eligible to apply for Armenian citizenship. As part of the application process, you'll need to pass a multiple-choice test on knowledge of the Armenian Constitution. The test consists of 33 questions, with a minimum of 17 correct answers required for success. As the test is conducted in Armenian, you will need to allocate time to learn the basics of the language before submitting your citizenship application. Embrace this opportunity to deepen your connection with Armenia.
Conclusion: Unlock a World of Adventure in Armenia
Whether you're an ambitious student, a driven professional, or an enterprising entrepreneur, there's a residency permit tailored to your aspirations. By following the guidelines outlined in this article, you can successfully obtain residency in Armenia.
If you're considering relocating to Armenia, allow Vardanyan & Partners Law Firm to expertly guide you through the residency permit application process, ensuring you meet all eligibility criteria. Contact us today to embark on your Armenian adventure!
What Makes Armenia a Good Choice for Residency
No Stay or Visit
Maintaining residency in Armenia does not require physical presence; remote application is possible.
Fast and Easy
The residency application usually takes about 80 days and only a valid passport is required.
Residents can sponsor extended family for residency (parents, siblings, grandchildren, etc.)
After living in Armenia for three years, citizenship can be obtained. Dual citizenship is allowed.
We will be happy to answer your questions. Please fill out this form and we will be in touch soon.
We are committed to keeping your e-mail address confidential. We do not sell, rent, or lease our contact data or lists to third parties, and we will not provide your personal information to any third party individual, government agency, or company at any time.
Our Proven Process of Making Armenia Your Second Home
As part of the preparation process, we will take care of translating your passport, printing photos, and filling out the necessary forms.
Residency for Family
You can sponsor your spouse, children, parents, siblings, grandparents, and grandchildren to obtain residency in Armenia.
In order to qualify for residency, you have the option of either making a low-risk investment in government bonds or donating to a rural development project.
SSN, Tax ID, Etc.
You can obtain a certificate of registered address, a social security number, personal tax identification number, as well as a tax residency certificate.
Applicants can choose to apply for a temporary (1-year) or permanent (5-year) residence permit remotely or in-person.
You can choose from 18 banks offering online and mobile banking, Visa and MasterCard options, and up to 11% interest on deposits in AMD, RUR, etc.
What Clients Say
Overall, I felt it could not have been any better. Everything was taken care of so smoothly, effortlessly, and managed very well.
It is always daunting when dealing with immigration, visas etc in a foreign country. The team at Vardanyan & Partners made the process for registering the business and applying for residency so much easier. I had no worries at all. The team overall really went out of their way to accommodate and assist us.
The team members were all professional, knowledgeable and most importantly, honest. They are hard-working and patient and were always responsive to my messages and questions. What I like most is, they are very well organised and have a modern system of work.
Armenia is a captivating nation with a rich history and a promising future. Our firm is wholeheartedly committed to supporting individuals and businesses that recognize Armenia's potential and are eager to contribute to its ongoing success.
We trust that this website will serve as a valuable resource for you in gathering the information you need. Should you have any questions or require further assistance, please feel free to get in touch with us. You can easily contact us through various channels, such as completing the form on our website, emailing us directly at [email protected], or reaching out via phone or popular messaging apps like WhatsApp, Viber, Telegram, and Skype at +374.99.00.11.67. We are always available to assist you in any way possible.
LL.M. Georgetown University, licensed to practice in both Armenia (license no. 903) and New York (license no. 5148945)
Vardanyan & Partners is a reputable law firm situated in Yerevan, Armenia, which has been providing excellent legal services since its establishment in 2012. Our team of locally licensed, English-speaking attorneys specializes in immigration, incorporation, and compliance matters, ensuring that clients receive expert legal guidance. We are committed to staying up-to-date with the latest changes in legislation and regulations, ensuring that our clients receive the most relevant and accurate advice. At Vardanyan & Partners, we place a strong emphasis on honesty, transparency, and client care.
Where to find us
4/3 Pirumyanner, 4th Floor, Suite 12 , Yerevan, 0054, Armenia